Saturday, August 12, 2006

Bonneville Basin


Image119
Originally uploaded by Brambor.

I hiked all day through a lot of expansive plains until I reached the mountains with Bonneville Lakes. From there on the trail climbed steeply up. My boot did not look good. I tried to favor my other foot a little bit as not to damage the sole any further.

It seems that every day I finished totally exhausted. I reached Bonnevile basin in the evening, lay in the tent for an hour just recuperating. Then I cooked dinner and fished for a while. I caught lots of 12 inch brookies here. Some of them were picky but a well placed fly next to a boulder would trigger a bite. The basin elevation is about 11,000 feet. There were few mornings where I had to take frost off my tent. The frost on the tent is slightly visible in this picture. Picture was taken early morning on day 9.

No comments: