Monday, August 07, 2006

Grave Lake Beach


Grave Lake Beach
Originally uploaded by Brambor.

After fishign I continued hiking towards Grave Lake. The trail turned sharply up, through gorges and waterfalls. On the way I've met a group of campers from Utah who brought their own horses and horsebacked all the way here. Tough trail for an inexperienced horse. One of their horses has never been on a trail like this before. It has lost a horseshoe somewhere on the trail would not go any further. Tough situation. Grave Lake is at least 2 days hiking to the nearest road. I continued until I reached Grave Lake and as I hiked the shores of the lake I could not believe what I have seen. A beach! Yup. I couldn't believe my eyes. This remote lake has a nice sandy beach. Definitely a good spot for multiple day camping.

No comments: