Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Skull Lake - Elevation 10282 feet


Image028
Originally uploaded by Brambor.

After my fishing I continued another climb towards Washakie pass. The storm clouds formed around 5PM and the rain was imminent. I pitched my tent above Skull Lake and climbed in. The downpour started immediately and lasted about an hour. I shot a picture of the lake and went down to fish it's shores. It was overabundant in brook trout. Every cast yielded a fish. I walked all the way around the lake catching fish as I went. I lost count of how many.

I made dinner afterwards. The mosquitoes were vicious in this location. It was hard to complete eating without being chased by the biting insects. I had to walk and eat.

The darkness was approaching. I climbed into my tent for a good night sleep. I hoped that I would again not halucinate through the night.

No comments: